Recently, I was pondering the development of questioning technique and was leafing through a copy of Geoff Petty’s ‘Teaching Today’ (a widely recommended reference book for teachers). I was surprised to find that his book has been revised and re-issued as Edition 4 (2009). Unlike a lot of other authors, Petty isn’t bound by his own ideas; he interprets research and accepts improvements. He references Coffield’s Learning Styles report amongst a host of other recent research. I bought a fresh copy of his book immediately. It’s an easy read, filled with golden nuggets – I highly recommended it.
- RT @PicardTips: Picard civics tip: If there is one truth, one constant that history shows us over and over, it is that resistance is never… 13 hours ago
- RT @Sathnam: More heartbreaking than footage of your ex enjoying a whirlwind romance with a Hollywood heart throb. What we have lost. http… 14 hours ago
- RT @COIUKORG: Our July newsletter is out, looking into the Mindfulness@Lunchtime project, the 21 day retreat and details on how to listen t… 5 days ago
- RT @mindfulnessbell: https://t.co/n1Dtdn23qa 5 days ago
- RT @ermlikeyeah: One hope from the World Cup: Some of the more, ahem, aggressive managers in workplaces I have known – and maybe the ones i… 6 days ago