Recently, I was pondering the development of questioning technique and was leafing through a copy of Geoff Petty’s ‘Teaching Today’ (a widely recommended reference book for teachers). I was surprised to find that his book has been revised and re-issued as Edition 4 (2009). Unlike a lot of other authors, Petty isn’t bound by his own ideas; he interprets research and accepts improvements. He references Coffield’s Learning Styles report amongst a host of other recent research. I bought a fresh copy of his book immediately. It’s an easy read, filled with golden nuggets – I highly recommended it.
- RT @DalaiLama: What we need today are universal values based not on faith but on scientific findings, common experience and common sense. 5 days ago
- ‘Martin’ by Donal Moloney. A gift to us all. Truly lovely. vimeo.com/231701977 1 week ago
- RT @Cmdr_Hadfield: Tonight this woman returns from space, the all-time US record-holder. Commander Peggy Whitson PhD, you rock. Safe landin… 3 weeks ago
- RT @TeenaClouston: Thot for week: When you make your path in life slow down & take your time; wherever you're going you'll still get there.… 3 weeks ago
- RT @chrisdc77: If someone says incremental science & replications are "boring" show them this b/c THIS is what 50+ yrs of THAT gave us in a… 1 month ago